Sr. Web Architect – Cleveland State University (February 2017 – present)
- Responsible for technical architecture, design, implementation, and maintenance of web platform solutions for university websites and mobile applications.
- Increase team productivity through introduction and mentoring of agile development techniques.
- Provide leadership in developing a sustainable web environment that meets business goals.
- Lead collaborative projects with technical and non-technical team members.
Sr. Integration Engineer – Cleveland State University (October 2015 – February 2017)
- Maintain and enhance a Java web application that integrates with PeopleSoft.
- Design and develop a PHP and Python web application to allow students to view instructor and course review data.
- Introduce and administer new tools such as Jira, Trello, and Balsamiq to increase team productivity.
- Provide implementation, training, and support of new source control practices using Git.
Java Technical Supervisor – BDI (February 2015 – October 2015)
- Build and manage a team of Java developers to maintain and enhance enterprise web applications.
- Migrated the support and development of multiple applications from outside contractors to an internal team for long-term cost savings for the company.
- Coordinate project timelines, requirements, and resources to ensure timely delivery of project releases.
- Create and maintain design documents and application documentation in a way that all team members can contribute to and rely upon easily.
- Track application bugs and enhancements to ensure items are resolved in a timely manner.
Sr. Engineer/ Application Architect – MRI Software (2014 – 2015)
- Lead an agile team to develop and maintain an enterprise level web application.
- Ensure the release of quality products by creating an agile branching strategy and quantifiable release process. Having an established set of requirements and processes for release helps reduce unexpected problems after application deployment.
- Make architectural design decisions that minimize technical debt while meeting functional requirements. A balanced approach to application development makes future development easier and more economical.
- Provide leadership by mentoring junior members of the team. Helping developers to understand the nontechnical aspect of their jobs helps the team to deliver better quality products.
- Represent team when interfacing with other technical and non-technical groups within the organization. Communicating status, goals, and expectations helps the entire organization make appropriate decisions in projects, products, and issues.
- Utilize Agile development methodologies to enhance and maintain Java J2EE application.
- Create SQL queries to troubleshoot and report application performance metrics.
Sr. Web Applications Developer – Cleveland State University (2007 – 2014)
- Identified, initiated, lead and implemented projects to support University-wide initiatives. Providing leadership in high-visibility projects, and ensuring delivery on time and on budget.
- Collaborated with multiple stakeholders of varying technical knowledge to implement successful projects. Being able to not use jargon and explain complex topics using the customer’s own language reduces the customer’s anxiety.
- Acted as a liaison for communication of technical decisions and information between multiple departments. Acting as a focal point provides stakeholders with consistent, reliable, and timely information.
- Created a supportive environment for open communication between teams and team members. Sharing of knowledge and experience reduced project completion time. Mentoring team members to reach higher standards of work has decreased rework and increased application uptime.
- Designed, coded, and published the University’s first iPhone and Android apps keeping the university on the leading edge of technology that their customers use most.
- Created a patching schedule to bring development, QA, and production systems into uniformity. Creating a transparent schedule eased change-resistant personnel into agreeing to time frames.
- Managed multiple instances of WebLogic, Sun One web server, and Apache web servers. By providing support for multiple systems allows developers the ability to chose the best platform form their projects.
- Provided custom code to support infrastructure changes. Customizations to vendor provided software satisfied customers that would otherwise be unhappy with department’s results.
- Monitored the performance of multiple systems and projects. Catching issues before clients are aware allows for a more seamless user experience.
- Guided and implemented the adoption of open-source technologies to reduce licensing and maintenance expenses. Leading the migration to open-source systems has allowed for the implementation of projects using more flexible solutions. Currently leading the implementation of Drupal as a University-wide Content Management System.
- Provided on-call services for high-availability applications. Having a reliable resource to contact during times of urgency keeps systems up and running within service level agreements.
Sr. Programmer/Analyst – Sherwin-Williams Inc. (2001 – 2007)
- Implemented projects that supported Sherwin-Williams’ eCommerce/B2B relationships.
- Supervised contract programmers time and code. Provided guidance with projects and ensured time was used effectively and efficiently.
- Designed, coded, and implemented EDI, XML, and web-based initiatives that reduced costs for the company and integrated business critical data across multiple platforms.
- Created and presented information sessions for technical and non-technical individuals about projects being completed by my team.
- Implemented and supported EDI system that integrated internal systems with external trading partners. Standing between legacy systems and leading edge communication practices.
- Utilized industry standards in translating and transporting electronic documents allowing for easier reuse of previously developed processes.
- Interfaced with internal and external business users as well as other technical staff in accomplishing tasks.
Programmer – Ohio Savings & Loan (2000 – 2001)
- Maintained and developed an on-line mortgage banking application.
Web Developer/EDI Specialist – Infoaccess.net (1995 – 2000)
- Advanced from technical support to programmer.
- Helped to build on-line interface for processing EDI documents.
Manager – NRM Music (1991 – 1995)
- Advanced from a Sales Associate position to manager of 2 stores.
- Recruited, hired, dismissed, trained, and supervised employees.
- Managed inventories, scheduled projects, and implemented policies to reach sales goals.
B.A. Communications, Cleveland State University – 2005
MCIS-IS, Cleveland State University – 2019
Presentation creation, documentation creation, conflict resolution, negotiation, and organizational communication knowledge.
Linux (Cent OS/Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu), Microsoft Windows, OS X, and UNIX (Solaris, AIX, HP-UX).
Ant, Apache, Balsamiq, Confluence Dreamweaver, Eclipse, git, Illustrator, Jira, Microsoft Office, Maven, MS Project, MS-SQL, MySQL, Net Beans, Oracle, Photoshop, source-control (Git), Sun One Web Server, Tomcat, TFS, Trello, Visio, WebLogic, and X Code (including Interface Builder).
Project Management Institute – PMP, Oracle Certified Professional – MySQL 5 Developer.
Android, EDI, iOS (Apple), LDAP, web, and mobile.
Software Development Life Cycle (both Agile and Waterfall), Project Management, Object Oriented Design and Programming, data mapping, and EDI-INT (AS1, AS2).